Thursday, May 29, 2008

My First Award - Woohoo


I'm totally doing the happy dance because the other day I was considered an Excellent Blog by Another Piece of the Puzzle. I swore to myself that I didn't care about any of those awards floating around the blogosphere, but I guess that's because I hadn't received one. Duh.

Considering that I only post on a quality vs quantity motto, I'm always delighted when I see new subscribers or when someone says "Good job." Everyone needs a pat on the back at some point, right? The Excellent Award originated over at The Mommy Project to spread those kudos around.

I'm supposed to award it to 10 other blogs that I consider worthy. That just seems so hard to do because I read several blogs and find many to be worth reading. I am more a fan of acknowledging excellent posts because everyone has good blogging days and bad ones. Although I'm currently behind on my reading, I typically add my favorite posts to "My Overflowing Google Reader" widget in the next column over.

But since we're supposed to pay it forward, I will award this to a few of the blogs that I subscribe to. The following are in a variety of categories so hopefully everyone will find something to their liking!
Bent Objects - Quirky, artsy and hilarious. Terry brings inanimate objects (like circus peanuts) to life. You have to see it to understand. Wait! Go AFTER you read my other award recipients.
PB&J in a Bowl - Always good for a mom-blog laugh.
Bakerella - Her creativity is unbelievable. The Cupcake Pops that she created were so awesome that they landed her on the Martha Stewart show. I was reading her blog when she originally posted those pops - I feel so privileged to be able to say "I knew her before she was famous!"
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Tips - If you're into photos, want to learn how to better your digital album or just want to clean up your photos before printing them, be sure to check this out. He has a few blogs (for a few different applications) so you should be able to find one that meets your niche.
Blogger Buster - Helpful hints for all levels of blogger. Tips on how to improve your blog from the inside out.

Once again, these are excellent blogs but be sure to check out my Google Reader for many others that I think are worthy! If I listed them all, this post would go on and on and on....

12 comments:

  • katydidnot

    every now and then one of the women who works for me is impressed with what i've done and gives me a "virtual gold star" or "virtual feather in my cap". corny? totally. cheesy? uh-huh. shamlessly sucking up to me? you bet. still. i love it.

    congrats on your E. you really are excellente!

  • Rachel

    I adore Chelsea's blog. She is so cute and fun. I think she was a great choice for a winner! I haven't checked out the other ones so i'll have to do that.
    Yes, she was really born with those tumors and no they haven't ever come back. She really is a walking miracle, even though we tease her incessantly about it especially now with 'brain cancel' :-)
    Share the story, He might get a kick out if it... depends on his humor I guess.

  • Sabrina

    Congrats on the award! I received one once and still really don't know why! lol!

  • Danielle

    Yay! Congrats on your award. Bloggy awards get me all warm and fuzzy. Great work on the blog- keep it up. I will havfe to check out some of your awardees.

  • Anonymous

    Hey Nicole, thanks for the mention!!

    :)

  • Anonymous

    Congrats on the award!

    I have been checking out your reader shares which are really fun. Thanks for all the good blog suggestions.

  • Anonymous

    You are very welcome , I haven't seen it yet but I want to! I say "pioneer" but really I mean anything about the olden days because I love history and if I call it that then the kids are already warned there will be no car chases or robots or things like that.

  • Miss Lisa

    Congrats on the award :)
    I cant' wait to check out these blogs...

  • Anonymous

    Congrats on the award, and Fantastic tip on Blogger buster. That's a great resource.

    Warm regards,
    SA

  • Katie

    Congratulations on the award! I've never won one, but I can imagine the warm fuzzies you felt!

  • Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com

    Congrats on the award!!

  • My Vision

    You ROCK! That's quite an accomplishment. Kudos.

Google