Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Following Through. Starting Another Year!


If there's one thing I do well, it's getting bored and moving on. Let me put it in more realistic, less fluffy, terms - I don't finish what I start. As my husband so eloquently puts it "You're full of good intentions." Despite my knack for creative discussion (cough, argue, cough), I would lose that debate time and again. I love to start things but if I'm not 100% invested then it just doesn't happen.

It's really not a new thing. As much as I want to blame motherhood, senility, whatever, I just can't. I've been presented with evidence that this problem goes back to childhood. Sigh. When we bought our first house, my mom and dad delightfully delivered all my childhood memories. They cleaned their basement and made a trip to California - delivering anything they could find that was marked as "Nicole". Crap I saved for a really long time. Can I say crap? Sorry. Stuff that I saved for a really long time. No need to point out that my pack rat tendencies stem from my childhood, as well.

Within that mess of childhood tchotchkes was a beginner loom. Attached to the loom was the original purple yarn and a makeshift scarf... a work in progress dating back to the 70's.

Before my nephew was born, I jump-started my crochet hobby. Selecting yarns to match our bedroom set and picking a patch-together pattern that I could do over time. I never finished the afghan and our bedroom set has long since changed color schemes. I even purchased yarn to make a baby blanket for my nephew once I got the hang of crocheting again... he starts junior high this year.

To my credit, the gym is one thing that I have continued with - having just passed the two year mark and still going strong. Oh, and hubby... I'm sticking with him until he gets tired of me. That's a blog post for another day.

But the title of this post is "Following Through. Starting Another Year." It's about my blog. I just want to say that I've come a long way since my very first blog post on July 9, 2007. One year ago today. I'm excited and energized about it. I don't post as often as I would like, but I post when I can. I started a new review/giveaway blog and have several things in the pipeline for that.

Best of all, I'm enjoying my blog. I've met a ton of great people. Read a lot of wonderful stories and posts. Vented a lot of steam. It's therapeutic. It's fun. It's something I can call my own.

Thanks to all my readers for helping me with this accomplishment.

(and special thanks to DH for all his help and encouragement.)

6 comments:

Google