Monday, July 9, 2007

OMG - I can't believe I'm blogging!


I've been a Stay-At-Home-Mom for 4 1/2 years now. I came to the realization early on that I probably was going to lose my mind but I accepted it as part of the job. It is worth it to raise my kids on my own instead of having a childcare service do it for me. My day currently consists of get up, feed the kids, go to the gym, come home and feed the kids, put them down for their nap, play with them when they wake up, get dinner ready, eat, referee the kids, get them ready for bed... lather, rinse, repeat.

My husband has been encouraging me for years to start a website for other people like me. People who like to find bargains, get stuff free, you know... thrifty people. But as I sat on my tail, so many other websites popped up. Nobody to blame but myself for not doing that sooner.

So here I am, trying to reassure myself that there is some portion of intelligence still left in my brain. Maybe if I jot down some notes here or there, I'll realize I still have the ability to write and possibly inspire myself to do something worthwhile - outside of being a mom, that is. Maybe freelance for a newspaper. Maybe find other SAHM's to network with. Who knows... maybe I just want an outlet for babbling.

T
his is just my example of rambling at it's best - or worse - however you want to look at it. It's my first one so what can anyone expect? It can only get better with practice. hehe

If you made it this far, thanks!

2 comments:

  • Unknown

    You're a Plethora of knowledge in the freebies and deals on SD and I am sure that will carry over into your Blog :)

    Brandy aka SpoiledPrincess (at SD!)

  • WhiteTigress

    It is difficult some days being a mom. In reading what your day consists of, you forgot several things, such as laundry, doctor visits, shopping and bill paying. LOL I like to list the nitty gritty. So you mention sharing your thriftyness with others. I would be interested.

Google