Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Update on Posts – plus Tag of Useless Info


First, I have to apologize for the lack of posts recently. I got back from vacation and my brain had so many blog ideas that I couldn't focus. So my desktop is riddled with thoughts about things that I would like to post about…eventually. After all, I'm the world's best procrastinator. Maybe after I finish reading the 259 posts from the 47 subscriptions in my Google Reader then I'll be able to post something myself!

In the meantime, I was tagged by my friend, Patty over at PipStitch. It called for seven "weird or random things about yourself." This was fun to think up odd and useless information. Hope it gives at least one person a laugh.

(1) My accounting teacher in high school had us play monopoly each class and log our transactions like a business. It was one of the coolest ways to learn about debits and credits.
(2) During my pregnancies, BLT's were my favorite food. We had them at least once a week.
(3) This is the memory that always comes to mind when I hear "tag". When I was a kid, my best friend lived on a farm and I visited often so felt very comfortable there. While playing tag on one visit, I specifically recall running around the pigpen headed for the gated area in front of it. While sometimes the pigs are congregating there, on this particular day, they weren't. What I didn't know is that her dad had just cleaned out all the pens and staged it all in that holding area. There's a gap in my memory between (1) turning the corner and seeing no pigs and (2) actually getting there – where I found myself up to my knees in pig crap… literally.
(4) I haven't participated in 4-H since I was young, but still catch myself reciting the 4-H pledge whenever I see that familiar clover. "I pledge my head to clearer thinking..."
(5) During my first trip to Vegas, I played Bingo because it seemed like a good value of time and money. I actually won and was surprised when they told me the game I won included a guaranteed payout or a small amount of time in one of those wind tunnel things with money blowing around me. I chose the wind thing and walked off with over $400. Was so much fun to be in one of those things and grab money! It got me hooked on bingo, too.
(6) While attending the Gilroy Garlic Festival, I tried garlic ice cream. It tasted just fine.
(7) As a teenager, my brothers called me the "c" word along with several other unspeakable things. They explained "It's only words. If it doesn't bother you, it can't hurt you." I remember it well. As I got older, people would try to use words as a weapon against me. It didn't work. My reaction: "It's only words." Thank goodness my brothers don't read my blog… I wouldn't want them to know they were right about something.

As with any tag, there are rules - Here they are:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Eeny, meeny, miney, mo! I decided to pick some that I've been reading the longest, along with a few of my newest additions: Trooper at Dating is Warefare, Michele at The Squawkery, Sonny at Girls, Drinks, Etc., Sadie at Finding Perfect, Shot in the Arm, FunkyFrum at Kosher Vegan and Judy at A Very Open Book.

4 comments:

  • Patty

    I love your facts! Thank you for doing this! I've always wanted to go to the garlic festival in Gilroy. If I ever do get up there, I will try the ice cream. :)

  • Michele

    Thank you for the tag and for the heads up about the tag. I've been so busy at work lately that I have not had the proper time to blog or read my fav blogs. I will definitely get around to the tag as soon as I can.

  • Sarah

    Hey thanks for the tag!! I haven't forgotten, just trying to fit everything in. I should have my useless info up later today since my usual Sunday jaunt is out.

  • Dating Trooper

    Hi and thanks for the tag! I finally responded so check it out. Take care!

Google