Thursday, January 3, 2008

Our Very Own Igloo


During the summer months, when I step out on my back deck, I see two trampolines, three swing sets and an inflatable water slide in neighboring yards. This past summer was the first time we felt the girls were old enough to play by themselves in the yard, so we spent some time trying to figure out what yard gear we should invest in. During a visit to see MIL in Alabama, we stopped in the Costco and found the coolest jungle gym – the perfect size for the girls. MIL purchased it, we brought it home with us, assembled it and watched the girls climb like monkeys. Here's a picture of MIL playing with Miss K during one of her summer visits.


It hadn't been in the yard very long before DH's brain started churning. He said "It will make a cool igloo this winter." I thought he was joking at the time, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized he was right. It WOULD make a cool igloo. Personally, I've always thought it would be neat to have my own igloo!

We had our first major snowfall and were not prepared for it. Our friend Mr. Jason lent us one of his tarps after we mentioned our plans. DH and I bungied it down and waited for the next major snowfall…
Voila!





And one more snowfall made it complete!

The weather is so cold right now that the kids haven't been able to enjoy it, but at least we have our own igloo now!

2 comments:

Google