Thursday, January 17, 2008

Buy A Pillow, Get a Storage Bag


A few weeks ago while at TJ Maxx, I finally broke down and bought a new set of pillows for our master bed. I love them, I was just too cheap to get new ones when the prior pillows lost all their umph.

I put them on the bed after buying them, but kept the zipper bags that they came in - just in case I decided something was wrong with them and I wanted to return them. Since I'm such a good housekeeper, they continued to sit on the floor until today. When I picked them up to figure out what to do with them, I realized they were about "yay" long - pretty close to the same size as a roll of gift wrap. Completely curious if this pillow holder was destined for the holiday stack, I headed to the basement and pulled the gift wrap off the top shelf. Sure enough, I was able to fit all the rolls we had on the shelf in the bag and still have room for several more.

Then I realized that whenever I get some kind of household item that comes in one of those heavy duty zipper bags, I always manage to find a use for the bag!

4 comments:

Google