Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cookies from Heaven


So... I'm working my tail off at the gym and what do I decide I need to do? Bake cookies with the girls. It's been miserably cold here and baking just seemed like a good idea.

A few days ago, I wandered over to Cookie Baker Lynn's blog and searched for something that the girls would like that wouldn't require a trip to the store. After browsing her tag for chocolate cookies, I found Perfect Presentation Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies. I had all the ingredients except for the peanut butter chips. Actually, I thought I had those too but couldn't locate them once I was emotionally invested in making these. I used milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet which worked great for the cookie, but not for the ganache. They weren't "perfect presentation" when I made them, but they were scrumptious. Note - WERE. Past tense. Almost all gone. Ugh.

Although I'm trying to create healthier meals, I feel that baking cookies with the girls is a right of being a mom. So we made cookies, gave some away to lighten the load and enjoyed the rest. If you're in the mood to bake and want something different, give these a try.

4 comments:

  • Anonymous

    i made cookies too yesterday...they were the frozen kind though. my husband had two and i ate the rest. how bad am i?

  • Mim

    These look wonderful! Might give them a try for the next big occasion.

  • Anonymous

    I checked out the link and gained five pounds. This lifelong chocolate addict wholly approves!

    Pax,
    Sonny

  • Cookie baker Lynn

    So glad you liked the cookies. And your girls won't care or remember that they weren't "perfect." They'll only remember that they have an awesome mom who bakes with them.

    For the cookies I just posted, I don't know how it would work without nuts. You'd need to play with the recipe, adding more flour or something, because the nuts make up almost 1/2 the bulk of the dough. Unless there's an allergy issue, make it with nuts. It's delicious, and since they're very finely chopped, they probably won't offend someone who objects to nuts on principle.

Google