Saturday, September 22, 2007

Budweiser's 9/11 Tribute Commercial


I have a handful of RSS feeds on my homepage - the standard news, weather and stock quotes. Then there's the more personalized ones that keep me informed of the latest posts on my favorite deals site. Today, one of the snopes.com posts caught my attention. For anyone who isn't familiar with snopes.com, visit it, explore it, read it, read it, read it... and the next time you get one of those perpetually forwarded "news stories" in your email, go to snopes.com to research it before forwarding it to another single person. It's the best place to read the truth behind almost any urban legend you can think of.

Today's post at snopes.com is about a commercial Budweiser aired only once, during the Super Bowl in January 2002, as a 9/11 Tribute. I'm not interested in taking any credit for it, I just want to share it, so please watch the video, then visit the snopes.com site and read the story behind it.

1 comments:

  • WhiteTigress

    That is really great. I never saw it. It's kind of ironic though, that Budweiser would do a remembrance commercial about a terrorist related event, and recently they have a commercial with a bunch of people who "don't speak English", and the commercial seems to encourage them not to speak English in America. Seems like double standards to me, or maybe it's just greed? We'll do a commercial that's related to what's big at the time. For the time the 9/11 one was done, it was very sentimental. I just don't buy it that it was done for anything other than money. I'm cynical when it comes to big business and government I guess. Thanks for sharing the video though.

Google