Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Some Things Just Backfire


I hate to say it, but we're going to need to lock Miss M in the house when she gets a little older.  When she started the Mommy & Me class when she was two, there was only one other girl in the class.  It was virtually all boys.  The preschool at three... she was the ONLY girl.  Then preschool at four... same thing.  Last year she had a few girls in her class but her favorite friends were boys.  She enjoys hanging around with the boys because that is what she's used to.

Now that she's in Kindergarten, we're hearing how she 'loves' a few certain boys.  Her teacher jokes that she's bossy to one of them - "Hurry up, Sam. Do this, Sam."  And Sam just shakes his head and does what she says.  They eat lunch together, they sit together on the bus.  They're dating, I swear.

Near the beginning of the school year, Miss M came home one day and claimed that "Sam tried to kiss me."  Oh, and she giggled.  I'm so not looking forward to the real dating years.  Anyway, DH says to her "You tell Sam that he can't kiss you until he buys you a ring."  He drilled it into her head - and Miss K's too. They both said okay.

I'm not sure whether to say "fortunately" or "unfortunately" but they've recited it to their classmates.  We know because their parents have told us... and they laughed.  And we laughed.

Until...

Miss M came home yesterday proudly showing off the ring that Sam gave her.

We never expected it to backfire on us... let alone this quickly.

9 comments:

  • Anonymous

    Yes. They grow up quick. Mine are all nearly grown and out of the house now. I'm glad to say my two youngest (17-year-old twins) have not put me through as much boyfriend drama as my oldest has. They seemed to have learned from her mistakes. Teenage boys are a waste of time. They're not ready for a real relationship until they're out of college.

  • Unknown

    omg, i dunno whether to laugh or cry

  • pb&j in a bowl

    Maddie has a "boyfriend" that brings her gifts on a regular basis. It drives her daddy crazy, but I think it's kinda sweet. Her teachers told us that on the first day of 4yo preschool, they put their mats beside each other's so the could be close when they slept. Now, they don't let any of the other kids come close to them during nap time.

  • Danielle

    hahahaahahaha That is so cute and funny. Made me smile. Sounds liek Sam already knows his place. :)

  • Paranoid

    You gotta love how creative kids are. I think it's great that your DD is a "boy's girl."

  • Flutterby

    LMAO... to a five yr old, a gumball machines offers a perfect ring... hubby needs to ammend his edict about the ring, lol. Mine is 15. She's got a boyfriend. 10 months as of this weekend. When she gets that old and seriously has a boyfriend, a word of advice... make friends with his mom, lol. We hit it off instantly. She is another *me*. So of course we all hang out together. They aren't old enough to drive anywhere. They can't do anything without one of both of us near by. I love the boy like one of my own. If they ever break up I am going to have to get visitation rights.

  • Tara

    ROFL, that is too cute.

  • Michele

    Oh my, Zoe has always favored boys over girls as well. Is this what I have to look forward to?

  • lightshines

    Oh my!! That is funny.

Google