Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cute Enough to Interrupt My Shower


I'm battling a backache today so I took it easy at the gym. While I usually shower there, I decided that today was a good day to go straight home after exercising. The girls were both at preschool so it was destined to be a nice, quiet, relaxing shower. PERFECT. Right before getting into the shower, I heard the mail lady drive up. I usually race to the mailbox to see if any freebies have arrived but today, the shower seemed more promising.

As I was washing up, I heard ominous footsteps coming up the stairs. In my head, I was picturing a giant glass of cold water ascending the staircase… I briefly thought that DH may have been coming upstairs to tell me the phone was for me or that something funky showed up in the mail. But I was prepared for anything from my very mischievous DH.

To my surprise, I opened the door to see DH holding two of the cutest children's bags I have ever seen. He had ordered them from one of the other women in his life for the girls to use for their dance shoes. They're still using the ones he ordered for them for Christmas because, frankly, I didn't have the heart to tell them they're just not in season any more. If the girls didn't care, I guess I shouldn't either. But when they see these, they'll love, love, love them!

The woman that made them did an awesome job, using a super-cute popsicle material with a handle to match. She also inscribed each with their monogram, perfect for curtailing the "I want this one" argument.

If you need a cute children's purse/bag, you can check out dasoriginals Etsy shop or go directly to her website. She does quality work and it's very inexpensive! She doesn't have the popsicle tote listed on her page as of this posting, but if anyone is interested, please contact her directly for the details!

By the way - Yes, DH is cute enough to interrupt my shower, but in this case I was referring to the tote bags!

8 comments:

  • Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING

    Super cute bags. Nice to hear from you again.

    KEEP BELIEVING

  • Apryl Kuhn

    Very cute bags! Love the initials. :)

  • Tara

    I love the bags! If hubby wouldn't kill me I would get one, but as he would say what about the 600 she already has and doesn't use?

    I am completely jealous... you get to shower... alone? lucky you! LOL

  • Michele

    First of all, those bags are darn cute and I might have to get one for Zoe but more importantly, I checked out the blog you suggested and I got all teary eyed when I read your comment. Thank you so much for thinking of me. Honey, you have no idea how much I needed that little pick me up. I didn't blog about it because I just haven't had the heart to but I had a second miscarriage a few weeks ago. I thought I was finally getting over it but then the test results from the D&C came back today and we found out the baby had trisomy 15, which I'm still not sure what that means but we also found out it was a little girl. My heart is broken all over again. Thank you so much for thinking of me and nominating me for the pampering award. You can't imagine how much the thought warmed my heart. You rock : )

  • Jule

    Those bags are so cute! I'll have to check out the website. My girls need new dance bags also. I bought material to attempt to make some, but with the move business it hasn't happened.

  • Nicole Brady

    Angie - Glad to be back. Lots of things been going on and I'm blog backlogged. Haven't written, but worse yet is that I have 365 posts (and counting) to read on my favorite blogs! (Yes, you're one of those!)

    Apryl/Tara - You're among those 365 on the "to read" list. Luckily, you're at the top of it with Angie!

    Jules - Thanks for the post. Glad to see this one made it through!

    Michele - Sorry to hear the news. I'll have you in my prayers.

    For anyone curious, I nominated Michele for a pick-me-up award over at A Very Open Book Nominations are still open if you want to pop over.

  • judy

    very very cute bags.
    random thought...I need to go to the gym

  • judy

    oh and I checked out SAM'S and they have a good prescription plan that I am looking into. Thanks for the suggestion.

Google