Thursday, September 13, 2007

Cheering for a sport I know nothing about


Dragon Boat Racing. That's right...Dragon Boat Racing.

Next week, I'll be logging on to the World Dragon Boat Championships website to see how Team USA is doing. Considering that I only know as much about Dragon Boat racing as I have read on wikipedia, I'm very excited about the competition.

Good grief, why? Why not focus on my favorite NFL team, our FFL team or even cheer for the Cubs to make the playoffs? For the single reason that one of my instructors, Leah Kurth, from the Bettendorf (Iowa) YMCA, is on Team USA. She is among those representing the USA in Sydney, Australia (September 19th-23rd). Technically, I'm not really cheering for the sport, I'm just cheering for Leah and Team USA.

Good luck, Leah! Bring home a medal!

0 comments:

Google